the dangling partisan
my name is...I was a student of...{informant} 4.
I regret more than you can imagine
|
Friday, August 22, 2003
we could divide this list into what? two categories? people that people would believe picked me up hitchiking and people that people wouldn't believe? no because the accumulated weight of the believables begins to stretch credulity. so here's as I remember them.
The guy that did the LA FreePress, back in 65, who we liked each other so he sent me a free subscription, and then my mom saw the wonder wart hog part and sent it back and said if he sent it again she'd have him arrested. thanks ma!
the guy that wrote kill your television Jerry Mander
Fellini
I know but it's true, in a powder blue Mercedes. I was maybe young 17 it was somewhere like Los Gatos going south, he was headed to Carmel. there was a moment the only one I remember really where he basically said no english, with his hands while he was driving, he was a big bull-like man behind the wheel, lovable, irritated, alive. I used to have visions all the time then, remembering almost none of them.
Dylan that cold February in Nyack, and all that fell out from that, the party and the attic.
Peter Falk. ? Peter Falk.
now I'm blank again
oh yeah http://www.longstoryshortpier.com/archives/indulgences/000786.html Diane DiPrima the source of this post. up in Marshall, we talked a long time, she was really cool in the best sense of that word.
three days more:
Leonard Cohen hitchiking in Santa Barbara with a plywood hand w/thumb and some little destination placard/signs he hung oon the palm of it. we were talking and stuff this other guy tall skinny intellextual minister type. this chick picked us up. her dad was the mayor of Lompoc, she recognized him. I'd never heard of him. I was periodically Rimbaud-ish in those days. she took us to her family house and immediately went off to the boudoir with el poet. me and the other guy hung out and listened to records.
if I was gonna make up stuff like this it would be a lot more entertaining than that.
put here 11:11 AM
archives